November 4, 2008 Leave a comment
I have been using Twitter for quite some time, and I find it pretty useful. Twitter is simple to use, has lot of clients, my favourite being Twhirl . I feel that if the mashup interface could have been made more friendly, it would help us a lot more. There are more mashup comparisons in my earlier blog.
A couple of weeks back , I chanced to get upon Plurk , it is similar to Twitter, but has a nice UI , the responses are threaded, but it has improved . But the UI is not that effective, so I use it seldom.
I was using FireEagle today , and came across Dipity. I created a account, and at first look it had a nice UI for the time line, and one could also add events. The better part was that one can Add Sources , like Twitter, FriendFeed, WordPress, Last.fm and all of them would show up in the UI . Thats a neat work, and the user does not need to get log into each service and get the updates.
The features provided are cool, but Twitter shall still rule, as Twitter has a large fan base, and has lots of clients . Another application Twistori shall probably combine both the features of Plurk and Dipity, lets see what they have to offer.
- Plurk: Twitter meets FriendFeed
- How to Find Twitter Friends on Plurk
- Meta Design Links: 10 July 2008
- Plurk: Unique or Just Another Twitter Clone?
- Plurkmania: statistics for plurk (Updated)
- Plurking for Freelancers: Tapping Social Media Conversation
- Plurk AND Twitter? Plurk OR Twitter?
- Managing My MicroBloggers